icon esprit tastevinage

Saint-Vincent tournante 2024 à Chambolle-Musigny & Morey-Saint-Denis

  • Saint-Vincent tournante 2024 à Chambolle-Musigny & Morey-Saint-Denis
  • Saint-Vincent tournante 2024 à Chambolle-Musigny & Morey-Saint-Denis

In keeping with tradition, the Grand Maître of the Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin announced at the 79th edition of the Saint-Vincent Tournante of Couchey village, the location of the next Saint-Vincent Tournante. The villages of Chambolle-Musigny (where the first Saint-Vincent Tournante took place in 1938) and Morey-Saint-Denis (where the 1952 and 1973 editions took place), will host the 2024 edition.


Chambolle-Musigny takes its name from the bubbling aspect of the Grone stream, located in the combe Ambin, a site classified since 1934, at the foot of the "Grognot" rocky outcrop overlooking the village, hence the name "Campus Ebulliens" or " Boiling field".

This hamlet attached to the abbey of Cîteaux until the end of the 15th century, became a Parish at the beginning of the 16th century, which allowed the construction of the Church and finally a commune in the 18th century.
In the 11th century, history reports that the "Musigny" already existed and this name of the most famous cru of its terroir carried by a seigneurial family of the region of Arnay-le-Duc, was attached to the name of Chambolle-Musigny by decree of April 15th 1878.

The village can be proud of having a Tilleul with a circumference of 4.70 meters, planted under Sully, Minister of Agriculture of Henri IV, which stands in all its majesty, facing the Church, on the route of the Grands Crus.

Chambolle-Musigny within the framework of the protection of its site was the first municipality in COTE D'OR to create a protected environment zone in order to prevent the establishment of buildings in the vineyards.

On January 22, 1938, the brotherhood of TASTEVIN knights relaunched events linked to Saint-Vincent and organized the first major Saint-Vincent Tournante in CHAMBOLLE-MUSIGNY, which had the honor and privilege of also organizing those of 1954, 1979 and in 2003 the Saint-Vincent revolving of BOURGOGNE.


"Ah! Morey is not a country cruncher. It is the country of chatty, lively, bonding people...»   Gaston Roupnel, Le Vieux Garain.

Morey Saint Denis: The mineral experience of Burgundy climates! Morey Saint Denis affirms its personality in its 40 hectares of Grands Crus and 44 hectares of 1ers Crus which deliver smooth wines, with perfumes of violets in a velvet setting. It is also the village with 10 Clos!

« We can say that he lacks nothing », already wrote Dr. Lavalle in 1855.

"Saint Denis" since 1927, after being called "Morey-en-Montagne" in ancient times, Morey Saint Denis is mentioned in the Cartulary of Cîteaux under the name of Mirriacum Villa in 1120 and then Moreium in 1187. Marked by the powerful House of Vergy, by the abbeys of Cîteaux and Tart, by great Burgundian families, the history of the village is associated with that of its wine, the "Clos Saint-Denis".

Morey took off in the 12th century when Savary and Elizabeth de Vergy donated this seigneury to the nascent Abbey of Citeaux.

Witnesses of this time the Abbatial Domain of Clos des Bernardines today Clos de Tart (12th and 15th century), the Cistercian apse of the church (13th) its nave and its facade being from 1707.
Find out more about these past editions as well as information and news related to the 2024 edition on : https://saintvincent2024.fr/en/histoire-de-nos-villages/

creation vinium
Ce site utilise des cookies. En poursuivant la navigation, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies.
En savoir plus. J'accepte